The older I get, the more I realize I have no idea what I am talking about. Waiiiiiit, what?

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Six years ago, this post would've been at least 4 pages long (brevity is not a bad thing!)

I remember a time when I had lots of time to do things like write blogs. And think. Back in the myspace days, when I was single and pondering basically everything. I wondered what it would be like if/when life sped up and there was more living and less pondering. Well, here I am. I would say that time began like 6 years ago when I met Jamie. A different life began to evolve, one that involved someone else, and than an us, and then a three of us, and now we are on the cusp of the four of us. There isn't so much time for pondering, maybe for a few minutes in the car each day on the way to or from work. Basically, this brain has time to do, not think. And I think this is how your life flies by you. I don't want to stop it (though there are moments and things I'd like to freeze frame. Like watching Quinn and Jamie together. Or Quinn saying "Sleep tight, I lub you" before she goes to sleep. Or any conversation I have with her at this point, because every day is something new).  Enough has happened that I realize I am just so lucky to be here and to experience it. So while I am in this period of my life that I think we will look back on the most fondly, I will suppose that there will be another time in life when it slows down again and there will be time to ponder everything that has gone on. And that will be ok too.



No comments:

Post a Comment